mmmMallows popcorn balls
Brighten up your picnic with these easy-to-make popcorn balls. Play around with different mmmMallows flavours to create exciting tastes and colours. If you only have white marshmallows on hand, add a drop of food colouring. Stir in some sweets for extra texture, if you like.
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) vegetable oil
- ½ cup (125ml) popcorn kernels
- ⅓ cup (80ml) butter, plus extra for greasing
- 5 cups mmmMallows (Blueberry, Bubblegum, Vanilla Custard or Pink & White mmmMallows work well)
- Grease a baking tray and set aside.
- Heat oil in a heavy-based saucepan over high heat and add popcorn kernels.
- Shake pan continuously until corn has all popped, then place popcorn in a large mixing bowl.
- Melt butter in a medium-sized saucepan over low heat.
- Add marshmallows and heat until melted, stirring constantly.
- Pour marshmallow over popcorn and mix with a spoon to coat evenly. Allow mixture to cool slightly.
- Grease your hands with a little butter, or spray them with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix popcorn again using your hands to ensure it’s evenly coated, then form into 8 balls and place on a prepared tray to set.
What you need
mmmMallows Blueberry 150g
mmmMallows Vanilla Custard 150g
mmmMallows Bubblegum 150g
mmmMallows Pink & White 150g