mmmMallow Christmas trees
The search is over – we’ve found the perfect, easy, festive treat! Imagine your little ones’ faces when they see these on the table or, even better, you can let them help decorate them and add their own “baubles”.
- 400g Beacon Vanilla Custard mmmMallows
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) butter
- 3 cups (750ml) Rice Krispies
- Few drops green food colouring
- Handful pretzel sticks
- 2 x 80g slabs Beacon Heavenly Ivory Cream, melted
- Handful Beacon Jelly Tots, for decoration
- Icing sugar, for dusting (optional)
- In a large bowl, add Beacon mmmMallows and butter, microwave until soft.
- Whisk well until smooth.
- Immediately add Rice Krispies and combine well.
- Tint the mixture using green food colouring until vibrant and resembling the colour of a Christmas tree.
- Line a rectangular baking tray with baking paper and press mixture into the tray, ensuring it is packed tightly. Use a spatula to level the mixture making sure it is evenly spread.
- Set in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Cut large triangles out of the mixture to resemble Christmas trees and set aside.
- Carefully skewer a pretzel stick into the base of each triangle to resemble a tree trunk.
- Pipe the melted Beacon Heavenly Ivory Cream in a zigzag motion over each tree to resemble “tinsel”.
- Individually place Jelly Tots onto white chocolate to resemble baubles, before the chocolate tinsel has set.
- Place onto a platter for guests to enjoy, dust with icing sugar if using and serve.
What you need
Heavenly Milk Chocolate 80g
Original Jelly Tots 100g
mmmMallows Vanilla Custard 150g