Ultimate movie-night brownies
An indulgent treat that’s entirely worth the effort!
- ½ block (250g) butter, softened
- 2 cups (425g) light brown sugar
- 4 eggs, whisked
- 1¼ cups (170g) cake flour, sifted
- ¾ cup (75g) cocoa powder
- 2 slabs (80g each) Heavenly Milk Chocolate, chopped
- 1 packet (150g) mmmMallows Pink & White
- ¼ cup (60ml) cream
- Handful each Jelly Tots and Maynards Fruit Jubes
- Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- Grease and line a large, square baking pan.
- Cream butter and sugar together using the paddle attachment of a stand mixer, or by hand using a spatula or wooden spoon, until well incorporated.
- Whisk in egg, about ¼ cup (60ml) at a time, making sure each addition is fully incorporated before adding more.
- Combine flour and cocoa powder and add to wet ingredients. Whisk together until evenly combined.
- Fold in chopped Heavenly chocolate.
- Spoon mixture into prepared baking pan and level the top with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until almost done: the brownies should have a slight ‘wiggle’ when you jiggle the pan.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before slicing.
- For the ‘frosting’, separate the white and pink mmmMallows and place into 2 separate microwavable bowls.
- Divide cream between the bowls and microwave on high in 20-second intervals. Give the bowls a good stir at each interval until the frosting is smooth and spreadable.
- Decorate sliced brownies with the mmmMallows frosting and scatter with Jelly Tots and Fruit Jubes.
- Serve warm.
Cook’s note: If you like your brownies to have an extra-gooey centre, cool the pan in an ice bath after you take the brownies out of the oven.
What you need
Heavenly Milk Chocolate 80g
Original Jelly Tots 100g
Maynards Fruit Jubes 125g
mmmMallows Pink & White 150g