Toasted Coconut mmmMallow Cream Puffs
These delicious cream puffs filled with a coconut mousse are so easy to make.
Coconut mmmMallow Filling ingredients
- 1 packet (150g) Beacon Toasted Coconut mmmMallows
- 1½cups (375ml) cream
- 2x 80g Beacon Heavenly Ivory Cream chocolate, chopped
Cream Puffs ingredients
Makes +/- 30
- 225ml milk
- ½ cup (115g) butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (140g) Golden Cloud cake flour
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
Chocolate Sauce ingredients
- 120g Beacon Heavenly Milk chocolate
- 5 Tbsp (75ml) toasted desiccated coconut
- To make the filling, add the Beacon mmmMallows to a heatproof bowl along with ¼ cup of cream.
- Place the bowl in the microwave for 20-second increments, stirring in between until it has fully melted into a smooth mixture.
- Working quickly, add the chopped Beacon Heavenly Ivory Cream chocolate into the warm marshmallow mixture and stir until melted and smooth. Reheat in the microwave in 10-second increments if needed.
- Allow mixture to cool slightly.
- In a large, chilled bowl, beat the remaining cream until firm peaks form. Gently fold the whipped cream into the marshmallow mixture.
- Spoon the marshmallow mousse into a piping bag and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- To make the choux pastry, preheat the oven to 210<°C. Line a baking tin with baking paper and coat with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Heat the milk, butter and salt over medium heat. When the butter is melted, add the flour all at once and mix vigorously with a wooden spoon until the mixture comes together and forms a dough.
- Cook the dough, stirring constantly over low heat for 2 minutes or until the dough begins to coat the bottom of the saucepan.
- Take the saucepan off the heat and allow the dough to cool slightly. Add the eggs and stir with a wooden spoon until the eggs are fully incorporated and the mixture resembles a thick paste.
- Spoon the mixture into a pastry bag with a large round nozzle.
- Pipe the choux pastry into 5cm rounds.
- With a wet finger, lightly press down the peak of each puff.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until lightly browned, then turn off the oven and allow them to sit for another 10 minutes. Do not open the oven for the 20 minutes or the puffs will collapse.
- Remove the puffs from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature before filling.
- Fill with Coconut mmmMallow Mousse.
- To make the chocolate sauce, melt the Beacon Heavenly Milk chocolate in the microwave.
- Drizzle melted Beacon Heavenly Milk Chocolate over Toasted Coconut Cream Puffs and sprinkle with toasted desiccated coconut.
What you need
mmmMallows Toasted Coconut 150g
Ivory Cream 80g