Mother’s Day crêpe cake
Take Mother’s Day breakfast in bed to the next level with a beautiful (and easy!) crêpe cake.
For the crêpes:
- 2 cups (500ml) milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (150g) flour
- ½ cup (100g) castor sugar
- 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla essence
- Oil, for frying
For the filling:
- 2 cups (500ml) cream
- ½ cup (65g) icing sugar
- ½ cup (125ml) strawberry or raspberry jam
- Jelly Tots Craziberries
- mmmMallows Pink & White, roughly chopped
- 1 handful fresh raspberries (optional)
To make the crêpes:
- Combine ingredients in a bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Heat oil gently in a large frying pan and, using a ladle to measure, pour enough mixture for 1 crêpe into pan.
- Fry for 30-60 seconds per side, until golden brown.
- Repeat process with remaining batter. You should end up with 20-25 crêpes.
To make the filling:
- Whip cream to stiff peaks.
- Fold in icing sugar and jam and mix until smooth.
To assemble the cake:
- Place a crêpe on a plate or cake stand and spread with a tablespoon of filling.
- Place a second crêpe on top and spread with another tablespoon of filling.
- Repeat the process with the remaining crêpes and filling.
- Garnish the top of the crêpe cake with Jelly Tots, mmmMallows and fresh raspberries, if using.
- Slice, serve and enjoy!
What you need
Original Jelly Tots 100g
mmmMallows Pink & White 150g