Marshmallow monsters and Jelly Tots molecules
● ¼ cup (60ml) icing sugar, sifted
● 2 Tbsp (30ml) lemon juice
● Few drops red food colouring
● Few drops green food colouring
● 2 tsp (10ml) white fondant
● 8-10 black Jelly Tots
● 2 Tbsp (30ml) desiccated coconut
● 1 packet (150g) mmmMallows Pink & White
● 8-10 wooden skewers
● 1 packet (100g) Original Jelly Tots
1. Combine icing sugar and lemon juice.
2. Divide mixture in half and tint one half with red food colouring to create fake blood, and the other with green food colouring to create fake slime.
3. Flatten fondant into 8-10 circles and stick a black Jelly Tot on each to create eyeballs (alternatively, you can draw eyes on the marshmallows using an edible marker).
4. Combine desiccated coconut with a drop of red food colouring to create hair.
5. Assemble monsters by adding fake blood, slime, bloody hair and eyeballs to marshmallows.
6. Place each decorated marshmallow on a skewer and allow to dry completely before serving.
7. Thread Jelly Tots onto toothpicks to create molecules, and use them to build different 3D shapes. Then devour! Trick or treat! Enjoy your Halloween treats.
What you need