Indulgent French toast
A deliciously decadent twist on a classic, and perfect for a weekend breakfast.
- 4 eggs, whisked
- ¼ cup (60ml) milk
- 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla essence
- 8 slices regular white bread
- Oil or butter for frying
- Handful white mmmMallows, sliced into rounds
- 2 slabs (80g each) Heavenly Milk Chocolate, melted
- Preheat the oven to 200°C on the grill setting.
- Combine the eggs, milk and vanilla essence, and whisk until smooth.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Dip each bread slice into the egg mixture, making sure to coat evenly.
- Fry the bread slices in batches for about 2 to 3 minutes per side until golden, and set aside.
- Place the cooked French toast slices in a single layer on a baking tray.
- Arrange the mmmMallow slices generously on each slice of bread.
- Place the tray into the oven for about 3 to 4 minutes or until the mmmMallows have melted and toasted slightly.
- To create the stack, arrange the slices of French toast neatly on top of one another.
- Drizzle generously with melted chocolate and serve immediately.
What you need
Heavenly Milk Chocolate 80g
mmmMallows Pink & White 150g