Homemade treats to spread the love this Valentine's Day
Move over, strawberries dipped in chocolate! From DIY doughnuts with marshmallow icing to Rice Krispie treat hearts, these homemade goodies are the sweetest Valentine’s Day recipes to whip up this year.
A Heavenly jar
This jar full of treats is the gift that will keep on giving!
Find an attractive glass jar at your local supermarket and fill it to the brim with Heavenly Selection chocolate and toffees.
These impressive doughnuts are just the thing for that special someone this Valentine’s Day. You don’t even need to make the doughnuts from scratch: simply decorate store-bought cinnamon ones with this easy homemade marshmallow icing that uses mmmMallows Vanilla Custard.
Get the DIY doughnut recipe for Valentine’s Day here.
Rice Krispie treat hearts
These Rice Krispie treat hearts are the perfect Valentine’s Day recipe to make with your kids.
- Melt 1 Tbsp (15g) butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add 1 packet (150g) mmmMallows Pink & White (or any other flavour of your choice). Stir occasionally until completely melted, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in 3 cups (375g) Rice Krispies cereal, mixing until cereal is completely coated.
- Line a 25cm square baking tin with baking paper. Add the mixture and press down into an even layer, about 2cm in height. Leave to set for about 2 hours (you can also pop it in the fridge to speed things along).
- Once set, remove the square from the tin and, using a heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut into hearts.
- Melt your favourite flavour of Heavenly chocolate and drizzle over the hearts for a decadent finish.
These kebabs are a Valentine’s Day recipe trifecta!
Cut store-bought brownies into smaller squares, roughly the same size as your favourite flavour of mmmMallows. Rinse a punnet of strawberries and chop off the tops. Gently push a kebab skewer through a strawberry, a marshmallow and a brownie square. Repeat until the skewers are full.
The old faithful
Of course, you can never go wrong with a Heavenly Messaging slab. Download these Valentine’s Day chocolate wrappers as an extra treat for your sweet.