Easy marshmallow fondant
- 300g mmmMallows in the flavour of your choice, finely chopped
- 2-3 Tbsp (30-45ml) water
- 4 cups (about 500g) icing sugar, sifted, plus extra for dusting
- Place marshmallows and water in a large microwaveable bowl.
- Melt in the microwave for about 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between until mixture is smooth and marshmallows have melted completely.
- Stir in half the icing sugar and combine until a soft dough ball forms.
- Turn out onto a surface dusted with icing sugar, and knead in remaining sugar using your hands, until the fondant comes together and is shiny and glossy. This will take about 5-7 minutes. Add a dash of water if fondant mixture becomes too dry.
- Cover in clingfilm if storing and place in a resealable bag to keep moist.
If using for biscuits: Place fondant on a surface dusted with icing sugar and roll out to about 1cm thick. Using a cookie cutter, cut out desired shapes in the same size as your biscuits. Combine a little icing sugar and water to create a paste, and use this as a glue to decorate biscuits with the fondant shapes.
If using to cover a cake: Make sure the cake is cold and the icing has set completely. Place fondant on a surface dusted with icing sugar and roll out to 1-2cm thick. Place fondant over the cake, using your hands to secure it in place. Cut away the excess and smooth out using a dough scraper or palette knife. Decorate cake as desired.
Cook’s note: Different flavours of mmmMallows will enable you to create different colours and flavours of fondant. Do not store fondant in the fridge.
What you need