Cute car cupcakes
Spoil your dad this Father’s Day with these adorable car cupcakes.
For the cupcakes:
- ½ cup (125g) butter, softened
- 1 cup (200g) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla essence
- 2 cups (300g) cake flour
- Pinch salt
- 2 tsp (10ml) baking powder
For the icing:
- ½ cup (125g) butter
- 2 cups (260g) icing sugar, sifted
- A few drops green food colouring
For the car toppings:
- 1 slab (80g) Heavenly Milk Chocolate
- 2 packets (200g) Jelly Tots
To make the cupcakes and icing:
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Cream butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Add eggs, milk and vanilla and whisk until combined.
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl, then fold into wet ingredients until well combined.
- Line a 12-hole muffin pan with cupcake cases.
- Fill each case ¾ full and level the tops with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centres comes out clean.
- Set aside to cool completely.
- Whisk icing ingredients together and tint using green food colouring.
- Place icing in a piping bag and decorate cooled cupcakes as you wish. Alternatively, spread the icing onto the cupcakes in an even layer.
To make the cars:
- Melt 2-3 blocks of chocolate to use as glue.
- Stick 4 Jelly Tots each onto the sides of 12 blocks of chocolate using the glue, to resemble car wheels.
- Allow to set.
- Place a car on top of each cupcake.
- Arrange cupcakes on a platter and serve.
Cook’s note: If you don’t have the time to make cupcakes from scratch, a boxed cupcake mix would work perfectly here too.
What you need
Heavenly Milk Chocolate 80g
Original Jelly Tots 100g