Churros with Chocolate mmmMallow Dipping Sauce
An everyday churros recipe with a delicious mmmMallow dipping sauce.
Makes 14-16 churros
- 90g castor sugar
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cups (250g) Golden Cloud cake flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 Tbsp olive or canola oil
- 2 cups (500ml) boiling water
- 1L sunflower oil, for frying
Dipping sauce ingredients
- 2 x 80g Beacon Heavenly Midnight Velvet chocolate
- 150g Beacon Pink & White mmmMallows
- 1 cup cream
- To make the churros, mix the castor sugar and cinnamon together and set aside for later.
- Sift the flour with the salt into a heatproof bowl and make a well in the centre.
- In a separate bowl, mix the oil and boiling water together, and pour into the well, mixing well with a wooden spoon to remove any lumps. The dough should be slightly soft and sticky to the touch. Let it cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Fill a large pot with the oil. Heat the oil to 170°C.
- Add the dough to a piping bag with a star-shaped nozzle and squeeze out churros directly into the hot oil, cutting them into the required length with a pair of scissors. (Lightly oil the scissors’ blades to prevent dough from sticking.)
- Do not cook more than three at a time as they will stick together. Fry for about 3-4 minutes until crispy and golden.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- To make the chocolate dipping sauce, roughly chop Beacon Heavenly Midnight Velvet chocolate, and place into a heatproof bowl.
- Heat the cream to just before boiling and pour over the chocolate.
- Stir until chocolate has melted.
- Mix in the Beacon mmmMallows, place in microwave for 20 second increments, stirring in between until it has fully melted into a smooth mixture.
- Serve the churros with mmmMallow chocolate dipping sauce.
What you need
Peppermint Tart 80g
mmmMallows Pink & White 150g