Chocolate and marshmallow self-saucing pudding
Pairs perfectly with vanilla ice cream, or custard in cooler weather.
- 1 cup (150g) cake flour
- 1 tsp (5ml) baking powder
- 1 cup (200g) white or brown sugar
- ¾ cup (90g) cocoa powder
- 1 egg, whisked
- ½ cup (125ml) milk
- ¼ cup (60ml) melted butter, cooled
- ¼ cup (60ml) hot water
- 1 slab (80g) Heavenly Midnight Velvet or Heavenly Milk chocolate, roughly chopped
- Handful mmmMallows Pink & White
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Combine flour and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Set aside 2 Tbsp (30ml) each of the sugar and cocoa powder, and add the remainder to the flour mixture.
- Whisk egg, milk and butter together until combined.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together until smooth.
- Spoon mixture into a deep ovenproof dish.
- Sprinkle reserved sugar and cocoa powder evenly over the batter.
- Pour the hot water over the batter slowly and carefully, using the back of a spoon to help guide the water. The spoon will slow down the liquid and help to disperse it more evenly.
- Top with the chocolate and bake for about 15 minutes.
- Arrange marshmallows on top of pudding and bake for a further 5 minutes or until marshmallows are gooey and slightly charred.
- Serve immediately while hot.
What you need
Heavenly Milk Chocolate 80g
Heavenly Midnight Velvet 80g
mmmMallows Pink & White 150g