It’s time to send your kid back to school! Give them a sweet surprise at breaktime with these cheery lunchbox ideas.
- 2 slices brown bread
- Butter, for spreading
- 1-2 slices ham
- 1 thick slice cheese
- 1 cherry tomato, sliced into rounds
- 1 sugar snap pea, sliced in half lengthways
- ⅓ pineapple, cut into 2 thick slices
- 1 kiwi, peeled and sliced into half-rounds
- 3 grapes
- ¼ melon, cubed
- 2-3 Tbsp (30-45ml) hummus
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks (or 2-3 baby carrots)
- 2-3 sugar snap peas
- Butter one slice of bread and layer with ham.
- Butter the second slice of bread and press out a shape using a large star- or heart-shaped cookie cutter.
- Press out the same shape in the cheese slice using a slightly smaller cookie cutter.
- Place cheese in the centre of the ham and top with stamped bread to complete the sandwich.
- Use 2 cherry tomato slices as eyes and a sugar snap pea half as the mouth.
- Cut pineapple slices into shapes using cookie cutters.
- Add fruit pieces to skewers.
- Spoon hummus into a small container and add carrot and sugar snap peas for dipping.
- Place the smiley sandwich, fruit skewers and hummus with veggie dippers in your kid’s lunchbox for them to tuck into at school.
Cook’s note: Don’t forget to download these back-to-school lunchbox love notes to add that little bit of extra joy to your child’s day!
What you need
Jelly Tots Lick 'n Learn Alphabet 100g