A colourful and refreshing non-alcoholic beverage – the perfect accompaniment to a lunchtime braai. If you’re in a rush, store-bought lemonade will do the trick.
- 1 packet (125g) wine gums
- 1¾ cups (430ml) white sugar
- 8 cups (2L) water
- 1½ cups (375ml) lemon juice, seeds removed
- Ice and mint leaves, for serving
- Spread out wine gums on a tray and place in the freezer.
- Combine sugar and 1 cup (250ml) water in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and stir to dissolve sugar.
- Cool to room temperature, cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Stir lemon juice, chilled syrup and remaining water together.
- Add frozen wine gums to serving glasses, top with ice and lemonade, and garnish with mint to serve.
What you need
Maynards Original Wine Gums 125g