Minty mmmMallow tart
A showstopper dessert for your next braai or dinner. Your guests will never guess how easy it was
- 300g chocolate sandwich biscuits, finely crushed
- ¼ cup (60ml) melted butter
- 400g Beacon mmmMallows (we kept it simple with white mmmMallows)
- ½ cup (125ml) milk 1
- tsp (5ml) peppermint essence
- 2-3 drops green food colouring
- 1 cup (250ml) cream, whipped
- 1 x 80g slab Beacon Heavenly Midnight Velvet, grated
- Combine crushed biscuits and melted butter and press mixture into a greased loose-bottomed 23cm tart tin.
- Set aside to chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Over a double boiler or in a microwave, heat mmmMallows and milk together.
- Whisk until smooth and lump free, cool slightly.
- Flavour with mint essence and tint using green food colouring.
- Once cooled, fold in whipped cream until well combined.
- Pour mixture on top of the set biscuit base and chill overnight until set.
- Decorate with Beacon Midnight Velvet chocolate shavings and garnish with fresh mint, if preferred.
- Slice and serve.
What you need
Heavenly Midnight Velvet 80g
mmmMallows Pink & White 150g