Jelly Tots braai pie
Wow guests at your next gathering with this cheerful braai pie. Best of all, it’s easy to make and you’re bound to have the base ingredients in your grocery cupboard. Serve with a drizzle of melted chocolate and scoops of vanilla ice cream.
- 1 cup (250g) butter, softened
- ¾ cup (165g) castor sugar
- 2 tsp (10ml) vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk
- 2½ cups (335g) flour
- 1 packet (100g) Original Jelly Tots
- 1 slab (80g) Heavenly Ebony & Ivory or Midnight Velvet Chocolate, melted
- Vanilla ice cream
- Cream butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy, about 10 minutes.
- Add vanilla and egg yolk and beat to combine.
- Stir through flour and ½ the Jelly Tots, mixing until a firm dough forms.
- Cover with cling film and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Grease an 18-20cm cast-iron pan.
- Press cookie dough into pan and press remaining Jelly Tots into dough.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until slightly golden and firm.
- Slice into wedges, drizzle with melted chocolate and serve with scoops of ice cream.
What you need
Heavenly Midnight Velvet 80g
Heavenly Ebony & Ivory 80g
Original Jelly Tots 100g