Take your braai to the next level with these cute, easy-to-make braai-themed cupcakes.
- 1 x box Golden Cloud Chocolate Flavoured Cake Mix
- 2 cups icing (here’s a great recipe for buttercream icing), tinted red
- 3 x 80g slabs Beacon Midnight Velvet Chocolate, melted
- 1 x 125g packet Maynards Soft Eating Gums
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Line a 12-cup muffin tray with cupcake cases.
- Prepare cake mix according to package instructions, bake, and allow to cool completely.
- Ice cupcakes with icing and set aside.
- Place melted chocolate into a disposable piping bag and snip the tip to create a small nozzle.
- Pipe melted chocolate onto a baking tray lined with baking paper to resemble braai grids. Be sure to allow chocolate to set completely before placing it on top of frosting.
- Arrange Maynards Soft Eating Gums onto toothpicks to resemble “kebabs”and place them on top of each chocolate braai grid.
- Serve immediately or set aside in a cool area so that chocolate doesn't melt.
What you need
Peppermint Tart 80g
Maynards Soft Eating Gums 125g