Hot-air balloon cake
Take your favourite chocolate sponge cake to new heights by decorating it like a beautiful hot-air balloon. Choose a balloon and straws that match your party décor, and add your favourite sweets to the basket.
- 1 box (500g) chocolate cake mix
- 1 tub (300-400g) chocolate frosting
- 2 slabs (80g each) Heavenly Milk Chocolate
- 1 packet (100g) Jelly Tots or sweets of your choice
- Striped string
- 4 bamboo skewers
- 4 paper straws
- 1 balloon
- Bake chocolate cake according to packet instructions and set aside to cool.
- Trim off 4 sides of cake to form a square.
- Place on a serving plate and ice top and sides with chocolate frosting.
- Break chocolate slabs carefully into individual blocks, then arrange on the top and sides of cake to create a basket base.
- Scatter Jelly Tots on top of chocolate basket base.
- Cut a long piece of string and tie it at the blunt end of a skewer. Repeat with remaining skewers.
- Insert each skewer into a straw, making sure the string sticks out.
- Place a straw in each corner of the cake, string-side up.
- Secure the balloon in the centre of the cake using the 4 pieces of string.
What you need
Heavenly Milk Chocolate 80g
Original Jelly Tots 100g